How To Keep Dangerous Mosquitoes Away From Your Omaha Yard
Mosquitoes can be a nuisance in the summertime but having them around does not have to be a foregone conclusion. There are a variety of things you can do on your property that will act as deterrents. With the proper precautions and knowledge, you can enjoy your yard without worrying about these pests. There are various ways to keep mosquitoes away. The most effective results come from professional pest control in Omaha that has the experience and expertise to solve mosquito problems before they become dangerous to your health.
The Life Cycle Of Common Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes have four distinct stages in their life cycle: egg, larva, pupa, and adult.
- Female mosquitoes lay between 100 and 400 eggs on the surface of water or damp soil that holds water.
- The eggs will hatch into larvae within a few days or as long as a month.
- The pupa, or resting stage, lasts from two days in warm climates to seven days in cooler temperatures.
- Adult mosquitoes emerge and fly away in search of nourishment. Male mosquitoes usually feed on nectar, while females require a blood meal.
The entire life cycle of a mosquito is completed in one week to two months, depending on the species and environmental conditions. You will want to enlist the help of a mosquito control service to avoid the dangers that mosquitoes present.
About The Dangerous Diseases Mosquitos Can Spread
Mosquitoes are known to be transmitters of a variety of serious and sometimes deadly diseases, including malaria, dengue fever, West Nile virus, chikungunya, Zika virus, and many others.
- Malaria is one of the most well-known and is usually curable with proper treatment, but it can become severe and even fatal if not treated.
- Dengue fever is caused by one of the dengue viruses and can cause life-threatening bleeding.
- West Nile virus can cause a mild fever, severe neurological symptoms, and sometimes severe complications, such as a coma.
- Chikungunya is spread by Aedes mosquitos and can cause neurological complications.
- Zika is a viral infection that can cause fever, headaches, rashes, as well as muscle and joint pain.
Taking precautions to prevent mosquitoes from causing health problems for you and your family is important.
Five No-Sweat Mosquito Prevention Tips For Around Your Yard
Mosquitoes are the bane of any outdoor gathering or event. But you don’t have to live in fear of these pesky insects. These are easy ways to repel mosquitoes from your yard:
- Eliminate standing water which serves as a breeding ground.
- Trim back shrubs and tall grass, which provides shelter from predators.
- Add mosquito-repelling plants to your yard.
- Install a bug zapper.
- Use natural essential oils like lavender and citronella.
These tips will help get rid of mosquitoes and protect you and your family from mosquito bites this summer. For a more permanent solution, contact a local pest control expert to create a more enjoyable outdoor space.
Professional Mosquito Control Is A Great Idea For Your Yard
If you’re looking for a permanent solution to your concerns about mosquitoes, it’s best to engage Quality Pest Control. Our family-owned company has served the Omaha area with environmentally conscious initiatives since 1996. We prioritize your health and safety through the utilization of healthy home bundles for pest control. Our service specialists can explain the best way to get rid of mosquitoes outside. Call us today for a consultation, and you’ll soon be enjoying mosquito-free outdoor gatherings.