Omaha Termite Control
Ridding Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa Property of Pests Since
Quality Pest Control, Inc. is the premier termite exterminator in Omaha and the surrounding area. We deliver quality termite prevention and termite extermination. Our trained termite exterminators look for all possible signs of termites in an effort to exterminate all the termites in your home and property. We use a customized green eco-friendly termite treatment plan individually designed for the best results for your home. We use the newest technology to exterminate all the termites to ensure a healthy home for you and your family. With our Omaha termite exterminators, you can expect technicians that are friendly, qualified and will make sure your home is taken care of.
How to Get Rid of Termites
You can get rid of termites by applying liquid treatments to the exterior of your home. We prefer to use environmentally friendly termite baiting system that are safer than liquid methods. We also use direct application methods inside your home where termites have been seen. Attempting to deploy one of several DIY products to treat your termite infestation is not advised.
The Biology of Termites: Why the Do What They Do
Did you know that termites are a cousin to the cockroach? They share the biological classification Blattodea. Termites have three stages of development. They begin as an egg, transform into a nymph, and eventually become an adult. Termites are social workers by nature. They live their entire lives in colonies and work until they die. Their entire life is about consuming and achieving their instinctual desire to colonize. Make sure you check out our coupons as well!
Fun Facts About Termites
- Termites Never Sleep: Termites are dedicated workers. From the moment they are alive to the second they die, they are working 24 hours per day, every day.
- $5 Billion Pest: Termites are known as “silent destroyers”, and they can inflict serious structural damage in relatively short order. They are directly responsible for over $5 billion in property damage annually.
- $8,000 - $12,000: By the time an infestation has been identified, they have caused between $8,000 to $12,000 worth of damage to a home.
- Multipliers: The queens in some species of termites can lay 15-25 eggs per minute, which means if you have an infestation, the queen is adding around 40,000 eggs per day to her colony.
- Variety: Termites come in a variety of species, and there are 2700 species of termites in the world.
- Good for You Not Your House: Thanks to their diet, termites are rich in nutrients like iron, calcium, and fatty acids. They also pack a protein punch, which means they are an extremely nutritious food.
Types of Termites
There are three main types of termites, subterranean, drywood, and dampwood.
Subterranean Termites: As the name suggests, these termites live beneath the soil. They are typically transported into homes through wood that comes into contact with the ground. They can also reach your home through mud tubes construct to connect the ground with the wood in your home. Subterranean termites can also use cracks in a home’s foundation to reach wood sources. These types of termites are the most damaging and commonly found in Nebraska and Iowa, as well as throughout the United States.
Drywood Termites: These termites live in wood, like lumber, wooden flooring, and dead trees. Drywood termites do not need to come into contact with soil or the ground outside to reach a home. They are often transported. Drywood colonies are not as large as subterranean ones, and while they are damaging, they cause damage at a slower rate. Although not an established termite species in Nebraska, it is possible for them to travel in wooden objects such as furniture and wine crates.
Dampwood: Formosan and Conehead termites are common species found in other parts of the United States, but they are not typically found in Eastern Nebraska or Western Iowa.
The trained termite extermination specialists at Quality Pest Control, Inc. use cutting-edge technology in our termite prevention services. Our termite prevention teams work with you to choose the prevention plan that works best for your home. We look for and identify conditions conducive to termite activity throughout your Omaha home or business, so our team can take action to prevent a costly termite infestation from happening in the first place.
3 Signs I Have Termites
Whether you realize it or not, termites can often live on your property, whether inside our outside for an extended period of time with you knowing. These quiet and discreet intruders can be difficult to identify, often times before it's too late. At Quality Pest Control, we have provided you with 3 signs to look out for to avoid this nightmare scenario.
- Termite Swarmers - Swarmers are mature termite colonies that leave the next during Spring or Fall seasons. With Swarms they can be missed by homeowners as they are typically active during the morning or afternoon, which is when most people are at work or not at home.
- Mud Tubes - "Mud tubes", or tunnels, are what subterranean termites will make in order to serve as bridges between the wood they are eating and their colony. The tubes are made of tiny pieces of soil and debris and can help protect the colony from predators.
- Termite Droppings - Termite droppings can often be mistaken for a pile of sawdust. But, if you notice that this, "saw dust" looking material is near corners in your wall or even on the outside of your home's porch. This is a sign that you may have a nearby Termite infestation.
Termite Inspection & Wood Destroying Insect Reporting
Termites damage more homes yearly than fires and tornadoes combined, their destruction totals to over $5 billion in costs a year for homeowners (and that’s not covered by homeowner’s insurance). Real estate inspections are critical for prospective homeowners and business owners. Our Omaha termite exterminator experts will schedule the termite inspection at your convenience, delivering the report in a form accepted by FHA, VA, FMHA, HUD, and other national lenders. An early termite inspection can save homeowners substantial repair costs.
Green Termite Extermination
Quality Pest Control, Inc. offers state of the art green termite extermination using the patented Sentricon colony elimination™ system for people in Omaha. Sentricon was awarded the Presidential Green Chemistry Award for superior environmental responsibility above all other termite exterminator treatments through green termite exterminator, Sentricon is also the most effective way to eliminate and prevent termites through eco-friendly green termite. Sentricon is an extremely effective way to be proactive and prevent termite damage, as well as exterminate infestations once they are identified. Since homeowner’s insurance does not typically cover termite damage, Sentricon becomes your protection from termite damages. Sentricon is also a budget-friendly option and a great investment to prevent termite infestations in the future. Make sure you check out our reviews!
Contact us online for more information for how to prevent termite damage and learn about the service that is right for you! You can also reach us at (402) 718-9346. Ask to speak to our team about termite extermination consultations.
Doing the Right Thing, Always
Our team has an unwavering commitment to doing the right thing every time. You can count on honesty and integrity in everything we do!
Relentless About Improvement
We are never satisfied with the status quo. You deserve the best and we are collectively pursuing the excellence your home or business needs.
We Will Find a Way
We won't make excuses and we won't give up. We will work with you to find the best solution for your home and property needs.
We believe in the value of listening. We listen with empathy, intention, and the goal of better understanding your needs.
Making Quality Personal
Our entire team takes pride in all we do. From the very first call, we have an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Prioritizing The Client Experience
We're committed to going above and beyond for you. The Quality Pest Control experience is unique, client-focused, and always improving.